Mariposas Spanish School teachers are also available to the community for other Spanish services:
Spanish child care, Children’s Yoga classes in Spanish and Spanish teacher training & business consultation. Feel free to contact each teacher individually if you are interested in one of our services. Teacher bios can be found here: “Instructors”
Spanish Teacher Training & Consultation
Yvette has been a children’s Spanish teacher and trainer for over 13 years. She is the owner and Director of Mariposas Spanish School since 1999. Yvette has a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and Spanish Literature at UT Austin and is a Montessori Certified Instructor (AMS). Many teachers she has trained now have their own successful programs. Contact her if you are interested in any of the following:
1. Spanish Teacher workshops and training
Teaching Spanish to young children is fun and easy. You just have to have the right tools, songs, games and lessons to capture each child’s attention while only speaking Spanish.
• Songs and games that work! Learn how to introduce songs and games while incorporating basic phases. In our training, you will learn lyrics, hand movements (sign language), and basic phrases for each level: beginner-intermediate, toddler to Elementary.
• Circle/Story Time workshops: Know which books and stories truly help the children learn Spanish. Learn to use Spanish books to get your lesson across, teach the vocabulary clearly and keep each student’s attention.
• Teaching materials that work! Flashcards, Montessori lessons, props- we have hundreds of materials to share plus how to use them in the best way to truly teach the language.
• Class structure that works: After 10 years, we have fine – tuned a class structure that interests all students and makes it easy for the teacher to lesson plan. It incorporates different methods and philosophies that make class exciting and simple for children to learn the language.
• Discipline: Learn different simple methods that keep the class in control and listening instead of being bored and out of control.
2. Small Business Consultation
If you are looking to start a business similar to Mariposas Spanish School and need some advice, questions answered or help getting started do not hesitate to contact Yvette. She will gladly guide you through any aspect of the business including:
• Marketing- getting yourself noticed, brochures, business cards, website, etc.
• Business Plan- where to start, where you want to be
• Organizing – Administrative work vs. Hands-on work with children
• Building your business- adding complimentary services that help your business grow.
• Answering Questions- sometimes you may just have questions on where to begin or where to go from where you are.
WORKSHOP & CONSULTATION RATES: $25-$50/hour. Rates are on a sliding scale basis.